Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mid-winter funk

.
Lately the blues seem to have taken hold...not that I have anything to be gloomy about. Things are quite good actually. It must be a case of the winter doldrums. Summer seems like it's a million years away...plus, I survived another birthday. They don't seem to cheer me like they did back in my youth...or in my early 40's, for that matter.

Anyway, here's what I've been up to. I've been researching a couple of documentary ideas recently. Probably one of them will be another "rail trail" doc. Those are fun to do, because I get to mix history and present day when telling the story. And I've been listening to some public domain/creative commons music from Archive.org. It's fun...you gotta love the Internet! As I get farther along with my doc ideas I'll post some details.

This is what I should be doing right now. Skiing with Joyce. But I can't. Because there isn't any snow. We just finished the third warmest January in history here in Connecticut. Damn, it's February and I still haven't been able to do any cross country skiing. Next week we're going to bite the bullet and drive to Vermont for some downhill; hope we get some cooler weather by then. At least, no rain please.

Today is Groundhog Day. Following tradition, George W. Bush pulled his head out of his ass long enough to see his shadow. That means three more years of criminally inept leadership. Tough luck, kiddies!

Sorry about that...it's just that I'm so pissed at Lieberman for not putting up more of a fight to keep Bush from seating that rotten little fascist Alito on the Supreme Court. What's it going to take to get reliable leadership back? Aaarrgghh!

No comments: