Saturday, November 13, 2004

YAY! I got a new job!

Just found out the company I sent a resume to is going to hire me. Yeah Baby! It's a great job, doing field IT service for a chain of investment offices. They're going to give me a van, tools, expense account, great benefits, and best of all, I'll be working out of my home. That way, I'll still have time (hopefully) to work on my scripts and stuff.

Still no certification from Soundview, but they promise it's in the mail (yeah, sure!) I'm going down there Monday or Tuesday night; I'll know then.

The talk at the Yacht Club with Gary Jobson went great. He spoke about his America's Cup racing experiences, his commentary for ESPN on later Cup races, and some adventure cruising he's done; accompanied by great videos. It's awesome what you can do with the ESPN production studios and thousands of hours of footage to work with! The picture above is the bagpipers who opened and closed the show. I don't really know why they were there, but it was cool drinking a Bass ale while listening to the auld pipes.

No comments: