Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Movie Talk

Lately I've been watching a lot of movies on AMC and TCM. I'm going to post my thoughts about them here every so often.

Tonight I watched "Play it Again, Sam" (1972), the Woody Allen-written play turned into a movie, starring the Wood-man and Diane Keaton.

I remember seeing this movie back in '73, and it was great then. Boy, did this flick fail the test of time! The jokes were old and hackneyed, the acting was annoying, and the whole Woody Allen "nebbish" act was portrayed so much better in "Bananas" and "Sleeper". But I guess the fact that Allen didn't direct this film (Herbert Ross did) may have been responsible for not capturing the usual decent quality of Allen's earlier films.

My rating: 30% Rather than the traditional stars used to rate movies, I'm going to employ a percentage of satisfaction scale of my own design. I invented this. All by myself.

Okay, so it's not the greatest film I could have used to start my movie blogcasting, but the idea came to me right after the film ended, so here it is.

No comments: