Thursday, May 11, 2006

A quick video from last week

Here's a short (97 seconds, about 2.7MB) video clip showing the Wooster Square Cherry Blossom Festival, where Ned Lamont supporters Edward Anderson, Keith Crane, and myself turned out to help collect petition signatures, along with future Peabody Award-winner Spazeboy, who filled in as interviewer for our "man on the street" interviews, and did a fine job at that.

We stuck to a simple topic: Lieberman's support of the massive energy bill which gives oil companies huge tax breaks while they're making record profits. Check out the video, and remember if it starts playing choppy, hit the PAUSE button on the window and give it a minute to download.

I know this is all kinds of political and stuff, but it was fun to make, and was good experience for doing on-the-fly interviews. From one of my other blogs, "Connecticut Bob".

2 comments:

CT Bob said...

Well, the audio is a little fuzzy sounding, but that's because I had to use a lot of compression to get the file so small. I think it sounds a little rough though.

I'm still trying to find a good compression scheme that has decent audio and video without it being 10 times larger.

CT Bob said...

Yeah, I think you can play the video twice at the same time, if you accidently open it in a new window without being aware of it. Probably something like that happened, I think...