Sunday, April 09, 2006

"Milford...the Movie?"

.
It says something about the non-coherence of the local filmmaking community when a movie about my hometown has been in production for over a year without my knowing about it! Oh well, it probably has as much to do with my own complacency as with the lack of communication between those of us who make movies.

(This is from their website:) "Milford, America 06460 is about your town and ours. In this feature-length documentary, Mike Stock and Liz Theis bring us on a tour of their swiftly-developing suburban hometown. Having little money to go elsewhere after college, Liz and Mike returned to the place they knew best--or so they think. The two watch as their once-quaint, historical seaside town becomes a cookie-cutter consumer mecca. The directors balance sarcastic humor with bleak and disheartening honesty as they guide us through the hometown they hate to hate. The two directors reveal conflicted feelings for Milford, sharing both hope and despair for their ever-changing home, which struggles with its own identity."

The New Haven Register has a good story in today's edition about the film (unfortunately, you have to register to read the story online...I guess that's why they call it the New Haven REGISTER! LOL! LMAO! OMG!!! WTF!!!)

(...and yes, I'm an ass)

I like the documentary's concept, and the trailer looks promising. It's a little strange to see all these landmarks from my hometown being shown in a movie; I can sort of understand how everybody left in Flint, Michigan felt when seeing "Roger & Me"...although Milford is far from being a community bankrupted by the closing of their main industry like Flint. (After all, we got Subway, and they ain't going nowhere!)

I'm hoping to see this movie completed, and I wish the filmmakers all the best. Mike & Liz, if you see this, drop me an email and let me know how it's going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Thanks for posting about us!
It's been a long and arduous process, and we're really hoping to get funding ASAP. I guess that's why our movie has been in production for a year without much to show for it.

Anyway, I you have any skills you'd like to bring to this film we'd love to hear from you. We are going to have a fundraiser at Daniel St. So if you email us we will put you on the mailinng list so you can hear about it.

Thanks again,
Liz

CT Bob said...

Hi Liz,

Email on it's way.