Thursday, March 17, 2005

Niki@Noon

Today I helped out with the live St. Pat's parade coverage on Niki@Noon, the weekly live public access program. We did the entire show from the street in front of the studio...I did grip/gaffer duty, helping Sean on the hand held camera.

There were the typical problems when doing a live remote, but at least the weather was nice. Niki and Zeek both did great work despite the glitches. And Niki was nearly trampled by a police horse (below) when she thrust the microphone at the mounted officer...she's nothing if not enthusiastic, right?


Niki with horse and Zeek

It was fun, but we've got plenty of room for improvement. Communications needs to be upgraded, and maybe more remote control from the studio would be good. But hey, I got a free corned beef sandwich out of the deal! Not bad, eh?

2 comments:

Cherry Moon said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I dyed our oven fried chicken green last night. LOL The kids wouldn't touch the stuff.

CT Bob said...

I've got green chicken in my 'fridge, but I didn't add any food coloring to it.

Hmmm...I don't think I'll touch it, either.

No green beer this year, either...a coupla Guiness's were mighty tasty, tho'.